Zouk is a genre of dance-oriented music from the Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique. Zouk is considered a synthesis of various French Antillean dance music styles of the 20th century: kadans, konpa and biguine, with brazilian zouk being the wildly accepted style.
Zouk dance courses we offer:
Zouk classes for beginners
This is a group course is designed for absolute first timers.
Our experienced dance instructors will help you learn basic Zouk moves and hit the floor! No dancing experience is needed.
- Basic Zouk moves and steps to feel confident on the dance floor
- How to feel the music and rhythm
- How to lead for men and follow for women
- Dancing posture, elegance and sensuality in Zouk.
Advanced Zouk classes
This group course is designed for those who have already mastered the basic steps and different Zouk moves, including the difficult ones.
Our professional dance instructors will develop your Zouk skills and enrich your own style.
Things you will learn:
- Advanced arm-styling and partner connection;
- Improvisation in footwork and partner-work;
- Advanced turn-pattern combinations and hand tricks;
- Developed tilts and finale variations.
Private Zouk classes
Our custom-designed individual lessons will let you get the most from dance training.
We tailor lessons to suit your needs so that you can progress at your own pace. This course is a great option if you are worried to join group lesson and want to boost your confidence.
- Foundation of movement;
- Basic dance figures and steps to feel confident on the dance floor;
- Musicality and social dance etiquette;
- How to lead/follow.